We are seeking to covenant with each other to find new ways of partnering and standing together on the side of love for the flourishing of our world, our communities, our congregations and our members.
We are nearly 200 UU congregations in parts or all of: Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Michigan, Missouri, Kentucky, Ohio, North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, Kansas, and Nebraska.
MidAmerica Region Board of Trustees
Congregational Life Staff are here to help.
Write us: email@example.com
Call us: 312-636-9724
Have a question?
Clockwise, from left:
Rev. Sharon Dittmar, Nancy Combs-Morgan, Rev. Phil Lund, Rev. Ian Evison, Rev. Dr. Lisa Presley
Context: The MidAmerica Bylaws (Article IV, Section 5, Business Submitted by Congregational Action) state that "Member congregations wishing to have business considered by the Annual Meeting shall do so following a process to be determined by the Board and communicated to the member congregations."
Regional Business Submission Process: A congregation in good standing may propose an item of business for consideration by the 2018 Annual Business Meeting of the MidAmerica Region in the following manner.
- The leadership of the congregation should contact the Region President or Vice- President for a preliminary discussion of how the proposed item of business relates to the authority and jurisdiction of the Region.
- The item should be formally proposed by vote of the congregation’s governing board or its membership.
- The proposed item should be formally endorsed by at least four additional congregations in good standing, in each case by vote of the congregation’s governing board or its membership.
- The proposed business item and the endorsements should be received by the Region President or Vice-President by April 3, 2018.
- Upon certification by the MidAmerica Board that the business item is within the authority and jurisdiction of the Region, it will be added to the agenda of the Annual Meeting.
Each year prior to General Assembly, the Traveling Chalice hits the road as an ambassador and clarion call for congregations to spread the word about GA. Since the MidAmerica region is large and we have limited resources for shipping the chalice, which weighs in at 60 pounds in its case, we welcome congregations to consider transporting the chalice to neighboring congregations.
The wide distribution of the chalice, with the help of the MidAmerica Region newsletter and sign up, will expand awareness of General Assembly in Kansas City in 2018. Each host church will also receive background information and a complete service, with readings and musical suggestions. The chalice will be available from October until the end of May to visit the Region. Please complete the on-line request information and indicate whether you would be willing to share the chalice with a neighboring congregation.
As the Local Area Coordinator for GA 2018, I thank you for your willingness to host the Traveling Chalice and make use of the supporting materials to amplify the call to GA in Kansas City, Missouri from June 20 -24th, 2018.
If you have questions, please contact Peggy Krieshok, firstname.lastname@example.org
At GA2012, Sculptor Mordecai Roth lights the GA Chalice he made