Context: The MidAmerica Bylaws (Article IV, Section 5, Business Submitted by Congregational Action) state that "Member congregations wishing to have business considered by the Annual Meeting shall do so following a process to be determined by the Board and communicated to the member congregations."
Regional Business Submission Process: A congregation in good standing may propose an item of business for consideration by the 2018 Annual Business Meeting of the MidAmerica Region in the following manner.
- The leadership of the congregation should contact the Region President or Vice- President for a preliminary discussion of how the proposed item of business relates to the authority and jurisdiction of the Region.
- The item should be formally proposed by vote of the congregation’s governing board or its membership.
- The proposed item should be formally endorsed by at least four additional congregations in good standing, in each case by vote of the congregation’s governing board or its membership.
- The proposed business item and the endorsements should be received by the Region President or Vice-President by April 3, 2018.
- Upon certification by the MidAmerica Board that the business item is within the authority and jurisdiction of the Region, it will be added to the agenda of the Annual Meeting.