First Unitarian Church of Des Moines (www.ucdsm.org) seeks a Director of Finance and Administration (DFA).
To further advance our institutional health and vibrancy, we are looking for a big-picture person who will effectively and creatively manage the administrative and financial aspects of our congregation. We seek an experienced professional who will enjoy collaborating with our minister and staff and our active volunteer leaders. The DFA will:
1. Oversee the daily operations of the church and its facilities and grounds
2. Efficiently manage staff and resources
3. Manage the financial operations of the church towards solvency and fiscal health
4. Manage human resources administration and technology needs
5. Collaborate with minister, lay leaders and staff to implement systems and procedures to achieve the Ends as established by the board
For more information or to apply, please contact:
Rev. Jennifer Brooks
515-244-8603 ext. 102
1800 Bell Ave.
Des Moines, IA 50315
Applications should be sent as a single attachment in Word or Acrobat format containing a cover letter addressing the qualifications, a resume, and a list with contact information for at least three professional references. Please label the file with your name ( i.e. “lastname first unitarian application.pdf”)
The successful applicant will have the following education, skills & qualities:
Second Unitarian Church (656 W. Barry, Chicago, IL, in the Lakeview Neighborhood) seeks a full-time Congregational Administrator.
Second Unitarian Church of Chicago is a vibrant, supportive, and engaged Unitarian Universalist community where our members are committed to supporting each other and living out our values in the world. We seek a Congregational Administrator who will be the hub of the day-to-day running of the congregation.
Our new Congregational Administrator will be:
• Detail-oriented while having the ability to see how various administrative tasks work together to keep the congregation’s life flowing well
• Proactive in recognizing and acting on areas of procedural and operational improvement
• Comfortable working in a church community environment with both volunteers and paid staff
• A bridge-builder, comfortable interacting with staff, volunteers, members, renters, and guests, and be willing to offer assistance where needed
Unitarian Universalist Military Ministry Great Lakess (UUMMGL) seeks an hourly Congregational Administrator. The position reports to the Chair of the UUMMGL Board. Applicants for the Congregational Administrator position must have documented administrative assistant experience and be able to work independently.
UUMMGL conducts weekly worship services for Navy recruits at Great Lakes Naval Recruit Training Command’s Memorial Chapel in Great Lakes, IL (about 40 miles north of downtown Chicago and 60 miles south of downtown Milwaukee). The ministry serves ~550 recruits annually, with weekly attendance ranging ~5-20. The recruits are all young adults, 18-35 years old. The ministry also distributes ~300 copies of Bless All Who Serve: Sources of Hope, Courage and Faith for Military Personnel and Their Families and ~100 copies of Becoming: A Spiritual Guide for Navigating Young Adulthood each year.
The Congregational Administrator position includes the following responsibilities:
To apply, please send a letter of application detailing your experience and expertise with your administrative resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The search remains open until the position is filled. For best consideration, submit application materials by 1 December 2017